Kourtney Kardashian




I caught up with the beautiful Kourtney Kardashian to chat about the new Kardashian collection for Lipsy, family, style and fitness.

Congratulations on the Kardashian Collection for Lipsy - how would you sum up the range?


Thank you, we are so excited.  This new collection is very inspired by holiday vibes.  Lipsy is known for party dresses and going out and our collection has a lot of lace, a lot of beading, there is a jacket with a lot of feathers on.  It’s very fun, and it is everything i want to wear when I’m on holiday or going out.


How long did it take to develop the range?

Well we are designing pretty far out in advance.  The Lipsy collection actually happened very quickly because we got the opportunity to do the collection and got on with it straight away.  The range was small enough that it was easy and there are three of us which makes it a lot easier.  We had strong opinion as to what we had in mind and because it was with Lipsy we had a little more freedom in terms of design and we could be edgier and could have a little more fun with the designs. We are already looking at the collection for next summer, looking at whites and florals and im like hold on i haven’t even had a chance to wear my black and my leathers for winter!

You and your sister's all have a very different style - how would you sum up your personal look?

I would say my style is very eclectic.  I like to mix and match a lot of different pieces. I love to mix vintage with new pieces and i like to mix highs and lows.  I am definitely a very moody dresser, it changes from day to day. I like things a little bit quirky and a little bit off.  I think Kim and Khloe have more similar style to one another; they might look at me sometimes and think ‘what are you thinking’

You are known for always looking glamorous - are you like this away from the camera or more a jeans and sweats type of girl?

It is so much about my mood but when i have some down time or about to finish filming, i cannot wait to to just chill out and relax, and not have any make up on and throw my hair into a pony tail.  But then when we begin filming again or have an event to go to, i do get excited to get all glammed up and get my hair and make up done.  I think i am definitely  more casual, easy and comfortable and especially when i am with my kids.  I am all about flats and being comfortable. 


How hard is it to juggle your family and your professional life?

I feel really lucky because we take a lot of our design meetings at my house, in fact most of them so sometimes the kids are sitting in with us or im holiding one or they are running around.  I am lucky that i have a job that i can have the kids around a lot even whilst working.  The only hard thing is is travelling for work, Khloe gets to go to Dubai but its harder for me to leave them. 

Fashion also depends on your body type - how do you stay in great shape?

I believe its 90 percent about what you eat and what you put into your body, i really feel strongly about eating as clean as possible.  Especially when im home, i love to run. That’s my workout of choice.  Its so easy to throw on sneakers, put in an i shuffle and just go for a jog.  I really am going to start tomorrow.  Me and khloe have this ‘ab off’ leading up to Decemebr for the Beyonce concert.  We both want to wear crop tops so we decided to have a little ab off, sit ups every day and squats before the shower. We really had the whole thing down but i haven’t done it once so she is definitely going to win!

Who is your personal style icon?

It changes often but i would say recently i would say i am going through a Jane Birkin phase where i would look up all these old photos of her and get inspired.  I also love to look up old photos of Bianca Jagger.  I get very inspired by past decades and looking up how women used to dress, like Tulisa Getty.  The ultimate icon would have to be Audrey Hepburn. 

The Kardashian Collection for Lipsy launched in November - why did you choose Dubai as the city for the big launch?

Kim always raves about Dubai all the time.  I have never actually been but I can’t wait to come the next time and Scott is desperate to come out and visit too.  I have heard so many amazing things and the photos look amazing, i really can’t wait to go.  As a family we feel a strong connection to the Middle East and






Comments

  1. Unhealthy relationships may cause headaches, stress
    and a waste of your time. The cure for this is to be single. See the link below for more info.

    #unhealthy
    www.inspgift.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty Through The Ages

Get up, Stand Up